Special Educational Needs and Disability Information
At Brambles Primary Academy we are committed to making sure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
Please click here to view our SEND Policy
We have a strong team identity across the school, with well-being a priority for everyone.
Children who have been identified as having special educational needs and / or disabilities, can get extra help in school. This is called SEN support. Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) at Brambles Primary Academy is the Principal.
If the school feels that your child may need SEN support, we will discuss this with you and explain the specific support that your child will receive.
It may mean that your child is supported in some of the following ways:
- Extra support from an additional adult, perhaps working alongside your child within a small group of other children
- Carefully planned activities which aim to meet your child's specific needs, agreed by the class teacher and SENCo
- Advice from professionals and / or external agencies who have a specialist knowledge, such as educational psychologists, speech and language therapists, school nurse (Locala) Early Help Assessment (EHA) Team or specialist teachers.
If your child is identified as needing SEN support, we will:
- Put a support plan in place for your child
- Review your child's progress regularly
- Have regular meetings with parents to discuss progress and future support
Below are some useful links which will give you more information
- Accessibility Action Plan coming soon...
- Accessibility Policy coming soon...
- Special Educational Needs and Disability SEND Policy
Click here SEND Code of Practice - SEND Reform 2014 to read more about changes to the Children and Families Act 2014.