Our Safeguarding Team
Brambles Primary Academy is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children. We believe that pupils have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse; where staff are vigilant for signs of any pupil in distress and are confident about applying the/our safeguarding processes to avert and alleviate any such problems.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm, this includes; safe from bullying, safe from people who could abuse, safe from discrimination or harassment, and that we all feel safe in our environment.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or wellbeing of someone at our school please talk to the Academy's Designated Safeguarding Lead or to another member of the team.
Telephone: 01484 240338
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mr Tom Smaldon - Vice Principal
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
Miss Angela Inns - Head of School
Mrs Hayley Gec - Deputy DSL
What is the role of the designated safeguarding Lead?
The Designated Safeguarding Lead at Brambles is Mr Smaldon. The main role is to ensure all children are happy and safe at both home and school. He will meet parents and talk about ways to support you at home and in some cases, may make referrals to social care or other appropriate agencies. Other parts of his job are:
- Train staff to a high standard about different areas of safeguarding
- Help parents get the support they may need to make positive changes
- Support parent and child mental health
- Identify cases of abuse, radicalisation, crime etc and refer to the relevant agencies
- Be the first point of contact for parents, staff, children and other agencies to share worries and concerns
- Attend all safeguarding meetings such as Child protection, core group, child in need or TAF meetings
- Keep detailed written records of all concerns and referrals so they can be seen by Miss Inns and Mrs Gec who are deputy designated safeguarding leads.
- Play a role in leading on online safety and PSHE to ensure all children are taught about appropriate things.
- Encourage a culture of listening and hearing the child's voice.
If you do not feel safe or if you are worried about the safety of someone else, please speak to any of our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) about any concerns.
Please see our Safeguarding policies on our Academy Policy Page
There are many safeguarding documents published by The Department for Education.
The links below are to the main ones used in schools.
The Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board offer a free online learning module called 'Working Together to Safeguard Children. It is recommended that if you work in a child care setting you should do the online training at least annually. You will need to register to be able to complete the learning module:- Kirklees On-Line Learning - Registration Page.
You will be able to download and print a certificate when you have successfully completed the training.
Reporting bullying incidents
Please refer to our Anti-bullying policy HERE
If you are concerned about your child or other children please contact a member of the safeguarding team immediately.
Evacuation, Invacuation & Lockdown
All staff at Brambles are Evacuation, invacuation and Lockdown trained