Opened September 2018!
South Pennine Academies is establishing a primary academy in Huddersfield North.
Brambles Primary Academy will be located on Clare Hill Playing Fields, Huddersfield HD1 5NF. The academy:
- Caters for boys and girls aged 4-11
- Is non-denominational
- Has a published admission number of 60, rising to 420 over time
- Complement the existing provision in the area
- Provides for excellent transition from the pre-school provision within the area
- Is key member of the local community
- And, meets the basic need for additional school places in the area.
The academy is a highly cohesive multicultural environment that reflects the local community in make-up. This diverse school community has equality at the core of its values. Tolerance and inclusivity are essential to ensuring an efficient and effective Academy. We ensure equality of opportunity to all children and families in terms of both access to and the teaching of the curriculum. All students are encouraged to achieve their potential, and to recognise and respect the worth of individuals irrespective of gender, race, religion/belief, age, disability or sexual orientation. Our curriculum is designed to maximise everyone’s potential.
Through our Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural provision we will ensure that all aspects of UK democratic values are taught;
- Through our spiritual provision we want children to have the ability to be reflective about their own beliefs and have respect for different faiths, feelings and values.
- Ensuring that voices are heard and opinions are challenged where this is needed.
- Moral development will ensure children have the ability to recognise the difference between right and wrong and develop a readiness to be able to apply this to their own lives.
- We use ‘positive behaviours and attitudes to learning' policies to equip children with the skills to understand the consequences of their behaviour and actions.
- As the children get older we will ensure there are opportunities to investigate and explore appropriate moral and ethical issues, and develop the ability to become effective British Citizens.
- The effective learning environment and climate for learning will ensure that children develop a range of social skills and a developing awareness of when to adapt their behaviour.
- Crucial to social development is the acceptance and engagement with UK democratic values of democracy, rule of law, liberty and mutual respect
We are working towards becoming a UNICEF Rights Respecting School at the highest level by the end of 2020.
South Pennine Academies is fully committed to providing an academy that is at the heart of the community it serves. This highly diverse community, with pockets of extreme deprivation deserves a school that is giving their children the best possible start in life. Ensuring that children leave equipped to take the next step in their lives is central to our vision.
Building positive and effective relationship with parents is a key element of a high performing Academy. Being welcoming, listening, acting on feedback are features that this academy will have. Signposting parents and working with other services is essential to ensure a child’s wider social and emotional needs are being met. Providing a strong curriculum, personalising it where needed and ensuring that it is delivered by highly qualified happy staff will contribute towards ending child poverty in this area. The intake will be representative of the community, taking children of all abilities, races and gender. Truly diverse.
The promotion and marketing of the academy will be essential in the first few years. Positive messages about the achievement of all our children, will be widely publicised. We will want to create a ‘buzz’ about joining the academy and what it will mean for the community. We will want to be the school of choice.
Brambles Primary Academy is a wonderful place to be!