School Meals Information
2018/ 2019 lunch menus coming soon...
Free school meals
Depending on your circumstances your child may be entitled to free school meals.
If you are on a low income, and in receipt of certain benefits, your child is not only entitled to a free school meal, but also things like free milk, help towards school trips and other support. We would urge all eligible parents to apply, as this application ensures that your child's school receives the additional funds to be able to provide this.
You are entitled to this additional support if you have a child in Kirklees who is in full time education, and you receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
From September 2014, all children in Reception and Key Stage 1 (year 1 and year 2) became entitled to free school meals. This entitlement for all stops after year 2. From year 3 onwards, families who satisfy the above criteria can continue to claim free school meals for their children.
Please Click this link for more information about applying for Free School Meals. You will be redirected to the Kirklees Council Website.